Tuesday 15 October 2013

We interrupt this service...

I have been quite busy over the last three weeks: getting engaged, celebrating my birthday, and running my first marathon. So apologies for the gap in my posts! ;) I am lucky enough to now be engaged to a beautiful, intelligent woman who I find inspiring! We were engaged over the school holidays, and now have a little bit of time to plan an engagement party, and hopefully about one year to plan the wedding!

Adventuring in Brazil 2013
Running the marathon was extremely satisfying; I have been an avid cyclist for quite a few years now (starting back in university in 2005) and having done my fair share of racing, I was keen to see what it was like to be a runner. I trained for around 2.5~3 months, building up to a max of about 75kms per week. I suffered a minor setback with a temporary injury of the facia around my left ankle, but came good, continued training, and debuted with a 3:21 for the 42.2km. I am quite happy with the result, but now curious to see what it takes to get a sub 3hr; apparently some 2% of people attempting reach this goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment